|Known Members:||Grimmins, Venchek, Rigby, Victor, Spaulding, Spengler, Marko, Higgs, Hays|
|Weapons:||Crowbar, Chained Baseball Bat, Shovel, Sickle, Stun Prod, Nightstick, Revolver, Sub-Machine Gun Sawn-Off Shotgun, Light Handgun, Assault Rifle|
|Allies:||Dr. Pickman, Judy Sender, The Pervs|
|Enemies:||Daniel Lamb, Leo Kasper|
|Voiced by:||Brennan Brown|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Just like The Bloodhounds, The Watchdogs are an organization hired by The Project to capture Daniel Lamb and Leo Kasper. They hunt on information given by the Project and will kill anyone or destroy anything in their way. They are highly educated and are highly trained killers.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Their first chronological appearance is in the flashback mission, "Ritual Cleansing", where they arrive at the Project Warehouses after Leo burns his/Danny's records and sets off the fire alarm.
But their first in-game appearance is in the mission Ghosts, after Danny and Leo escape and they are ordered to catch them. Danny kills the patrolling hunters and makes his way to his old house and shortly after more watchdogs arrive who are also killed.
They later appear at the end of Red Light, where they set a trap for Danny, but they lose sight of him and makes it into his old safehouse.
In the mission Safehouse the Watchdogs search the entire complex after losing him, to prevent him from leaving, which end in a shoot-out at the old Porn Theatre.
The Watchdogs are then ordered to protect Dr. Pickman, when Danny arrives in Origins. Most are assumed to be wiped out by Danny.
Their last appearance is in Personality Clash. They are ghosts created by Leo, in Danny's mind.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Most of the dead Watchdogs ghosts have their mouths stretched and wear a special type of glasses. When the same Watchdogs members are alive, they aren't wearing those type of glasses nor having their mouths stretched, as they haven't got injuries since alive. Only after being killed will the Watchdogs gain these injuries, thus giving stretched mouths and glasses.
- One of the Watchdogs seems to be convinced that he is a dog. This is a pun on their name.
- The bald Watchdog closely resembles Agent 47 from the Hitman series. This was purposely done by Rockstar as an easter egg, as a watchdog may greet another by saying, "Agent 74!" As 74 being opposite 47, referencing Agent 47.
- The Watchdogs were originally called Sleeper Agents.
- One of the Watchdogs has an appearance that's a reference to The Phantom of the Opera, as he is heavily scarred on the left side of his face and wears a mask to cover it up.
- Some of the Watchdogs have British accents.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]