The Sniper Rifle is a Red Class Weapon that appears in both Manhunt and Manhunt 2. It is most effective at range and deadly in both the player's and hunter's hands.
In Manhunt, it appears in the missions Kill The Rabbit, Divided they Fall, Press Coverage, Trained to Kill and Border Patrol. In Manhunt 2, it appears in the missions Assassination and Broadcast Interrupted.
Firearm executions can only be performed in Manhunt 2
Danny/Leo shoots the hunter point blank in the back, causing the hunter to fall down. To finish him off, Danny/Leo hits the hunter in the head with the butt of the rifle.
- The Sniper Rifle has a laser sight when equipped by hunters.
- The Sniper Rifle is one of only three scoped weapons in the series, the others being the Tranquilizer Rifle and the Crossbow.
- The sniper Rifle's shooting sound originally sounded different in Manhunt 2. The original sound can be heard in the video of Leo killing a Project Militia on the official website.
- Originally there was going to be either a second, PSG-1 Sniper Rifle or the Sniper Rifle was planned to be a PSG-1. The textures are left in Manhunt's files, while Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas' files contains the model.
- The Sniper Rifle icon in Manhunt is a developer oversight, since it was meant for the cut PSG-1.