Painkillers are pickups that can recover the physical condition of the game's protagonist in the Manhunt series. Its default maximum is 50%.
Painkillers pickups scattered around Carcer City and Cottonmouth can restore the player's health to the maximum level. Painkillers pickups are generally shaped as a small, glass bottle with a lid and a cross logo on it.
Many things can damage the player's health:
- Being shot
- Expose to fire (Manhunt 2)
- Falling from heights (Death)
- Hit by a hanging corpse (Manhunt and Manhunt 2, if Danny punches the hanging asylum member in the Dixmor Asylum, or the hanging White Rabbit corpse in the TVMK Studio, it will hit him back, as well as Cash hits a hanging corpse.)
- Brain being wiped clean (Manhunt 2)
When the player's health is completely depleted, the current level will be failed.
Painkillers can be found in various places, such as:
- Police Vans
- Garbage bags
- A leftover pickup of the Painkiller bottle is leftover in the files of GTA: San Andreas.